I created this launcher to provide multiple profiles for the single player game of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. As there are multiple ways to acquire this game and install it, this may not work for everyone.
- Download the zip file here
- Extract the contents to the install directory for Modern Warfare 2
- Create a shortcut on your desktop for MW2 Loader.exe and use it instead of launching the game directly.
- When you click “Launch” and you’re asked to select a program or shortcut to run, navigate to the shortcut you would normally use to launch the single player game and select it. This will ensure that the game is run through Steam.
- If for some reason you need to re-select a program or shortcut to run, you can do this by resetting the Loader. To do this you need to delete the profiles.xml file located in:
(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MW2_Loader\
(Vista) C:\Program Data\MW2_Loader\
- If you don’t already have the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 installed on your system, you will need to download it here
Here’s a picture of what the game directory should look like after you’ve extracted the file:
Note: This only works for the PC version of the game and as far as I know only changes your Single Player profile, which includes all game settings and saved games.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them below. Feedback and praise is always welcome!
- Fixed System.IO.FileFormatException: The image format is unrecognized bug.
- Fixed bug with new profiles disappearing when not launched.
- Changed program icon in an attempt to better support Vista and WPF.
- Implemented ability to choose program or shortcut to launch after loading a profile. You should use this to select the shortcut you regularly use to launch the game with Steam.