Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiple Profiles

November 12th, 2010 by Mel Leave a reply »

Black Ops Multiple Profiles Launcher

I created this launcher to provide multiple profiles for the single player game of Call of Duty: Black Ops. This is similar to the loader I wrote for Modern Warfare 2 which you can find here. As there are multiple ways to acquire this game and install it, this may not work for everyone.

Instructions:

1. Download the zip file here
  2. Extract the contents to the install directory for Black Ops
  3. Create a shortcut on your desktop for Black Ops Loader.exe and use it instead of launching the game directly.
  4. When you click “Launch” and you’re asked to select a program or shortcut to run, navigate to the shortcut you would normally use to launch the single player game and select it. This will ensure that the game is run through Steam.
  5. If for some reason you need to re-select a program or shortcut to run, you can do this by resetting the Loader. To do this you need to delete the profiles.xml file located in:
    (XP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BO_Loader\
    (Vista) C:\Program Data\BO_Loader\
    (Win7) C:\ProgramData\BO_Loader\
  6. If you don’t already have the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 installed on your system, you will need to download it here

Here’s a picture of what the game directory should look like after you’ve extracted the file:
Black Ops Install Directory

Note: This only works for the PC version of the game and as far as I know only changes your Single Player profile, which includes all game settings and saved games.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them below. Feedback and praise is always welcome!

40 comments

1. Mel says:

Thank you all for your continued interest in these loaders. Unfortunately I don’t have a copy of Black Ops 2 nor do I plan to purchase one. As such I can’t build a loader for it.

If someone were to gift me a copy on Steam (username: “NullMaster”) I would be more than happy to build a loader for it then, but at the moment it’s not worth my money. Thanks! 🙂

2. Fathur Shaon says:

Like BLACK OPS, need a multiple profile creator for running BLACK OPS 2 (updated to version 1.03). Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You.

3. CLLFTVTV says:

I play CODBO cracked so it doesnt run on steam.Will it work?

4. Mica says:

Hi, I see you published this a long ago but I have just installed the game. The thing is I need to rename a shortcut to play like you explained above but I cannot find  C:\ProgramData\BO_Loader\. I have deleted the launcher and downloaded it again but i get the same error. Any help?

5. master says:

i get some errors when open it

6. Igor says:

Like you have to do the COD Black Ops 2??

7. Igor says:

Faz ae Black Ops 2

8. Van Rompaey Tom says:

when i press launch i get the error “WIN_IMPROPER_QUIT_BODY” the i have the choice yes no cancel and when i press yes i get  error “EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE”

9. robtx18 says:

Gracias Funciona Excelente!

10. David says:

Any chance of a multiple profile loader for MW3? Thanks.

11. Singhy says:

Hey mel
    I tryed to use ur program but wen i progressed in the campaign so did my brother 2 the exact same point

12. eric says:

how do i extract the file ie step 2

13. Mel's Father says:

Mel, you’re awesome!
    I’ve improved upon myself through my sons!
    “By their fruits ye shall know them” Matthew 7:16, 20
    Atta’ boy! Keep up the good work!

14. Marco says:

Mel,

I’ve downloaded the game through Steam, and my brother has already started to play. I’ve downloaded the profile loader and created one for me, but when I enter the game is like nothing has changed, it’s still my brother’s campaign.

Do you know how to change it or there’s just no way to do it and I’ll have to wait for him to finish it?

• Mel says:

Hey Marco,

You should be able to create a second profile in the loader and use it to launch the game with a new state. Is this what you did? How did you do it? When you first launched the loader your brother’s profile would show up as “Default”. Did you rename this to something else?

Let me know, hopefully I can help you work it out!

• Marco says:

I saw the “default” profile and I created a new one, but when I’m gonna play I see all the missions my brother has passed and it says that I will overrite his game.

• Mel says:

Hm… that’s strange. You’re launching the game through the loader right? You bring up the loader, select the profile you created and then click “Launch” and the game comes up?

• Marco says:

Yes. I select my profile and click “Launch” but it appears like my brother’s profile. I will make some more tests and post them here.

15. oayman says:

OK THANX MELL FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR THE GREAT LOADER YOU ARE THE MAN

16. Dan says:

You’re the man! thank you!

17. oayman says:

I AM ALREADY  AN ADMIN IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

• Mel says:

Yes, but even if your user is an Administrator in Windows 7 it is not the Administrator. In order to access some areas of Windows or run some programs they need to be elevated to run as the Administrator.

So try right-clicking on the loader and select “Run as administrator”.

18. oayman says:

THE LONG ERROR MESSAGE ALTHOUGH I AM ADMINSTRATOR DO I HAVE TO LAUNCH IT AS AN ADMIN IN THE OPTIONS

• Mel says:

Which error message are you referring to? If you’re running Windows Vista or Windows 7 it’s likely that you need to run the launcher as Administrator or give your current user full access to the Black Ops directory.

19. oayman says:

@MEL  tHE LOADER GIVES ME ERROR WHEN I SWITCH BETWEEN PROFILES THEN G HAVE TO DELETE PROFILES.XMB EVERY TIME ANY FIX?

20. Gene says:

try running this without administrative rights. get a huge error about not being able to access mp cfg. i would send you a picture but i really dont feel like going thru that much trouble when i know you can re produce it yourself.

• Mel says:

Thanks for the comment Gene!

You are most likely experiencing that error when not running as Administrator because your user doesn’t have modify rights to the Black Ops directory. Try granting those rights via Windows and see if that helps. 🙂

21. geo says:

Hey Mel,
    As it worked for WarFare2, I ‘ll try this new  loader.
    Thanks for my son !
    a french gamer

22. Ronaldfigo says:

Hey thanks for the loader. It worked for the first time but now I click launch and nothing happens, any idea how to fix it?

• Mel says:

Hey Ronaldfigo,

Sorry you’re having a problem. Try deleting the profiles.xml file as described in step 5 above and then reselecting the shortcut to launch. Let me know if that helps.

Trackbacks /
Pingbacks

1. progress in Singleplayer (COD7)